Monday, November 9, 2009

Car Progress

I'm a little tired of writing about politics, government, sports, etc so I'm going to write about my project car I've been working on. It's a 1959 Morris Minor 1000 that I am mounting on a custom built frame. It has a FE series big-block ford engine, automatic transmission, Dana 60 rear end, "wavy tube" front axle mounted "suicide style"
I started with nothing but a pile of tubing and an idea of what I wanted to build. Then I just started... no specific plans, no blueprints, just started building. Originally this was not even the body I was originally going to use. First it was going to be a pickup cab but everybody's doing that. Then I was going to use a Fiat roadster but it was going to look too much like a sports car (not that there's anything wrong with sports cars.... just not the look I was going for). I'm kind of going for the 50's and 60's look of a altered/gasser competition coupe look
This project is a long way from being done but it keeps me off the streets (at least for now) and gives me an outlet for my creativity

No comments: